July 2, 2019
2020 is the year of web apps and API’s. rather than reinventing the wheel each time, developers build use of scaffoldings and third-party libraries to make sure that the comes area unit ready for live deployments within days.
When it involves backend development, PHP vs Python web development are two among the most standard selections that businesses, as well as developers, make. However, selecting one of the two is often a tricky decision.
While the restful API’s and cross-platform libraries have created web development easier, they haven’t solved the age-old question that also stumps and (bitterly) divides developers, managers, and customers alike.
What is PHP?
Hypertext Preprocessor is a general-purpose programming language originally designed for web development. It was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994; the PHP reference implementation is now produced by The PHP Group.
What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991, Python’s design philosophy emphasizes code readability with its notable use of significant whitespace.
5 Reasons Why PHP is Better Than Python
- PHP 5.x versions were quite slow, taking tons of your time in execution. However, the new release PHP 7.x is extremely quick, nearly three times quicker than a typical Python program. Speed typically becomes a very important think about performance-critical applications. as an example, is a core industry that gets 1,000,000 hits on a daily basis, a delay of three times may produce a major impact on the system performance.
- Python and PHP are both fully free and open source. both win here as well. In fact, both Python and PHP here win considerably over different paid web frameworks.
- There is no doubt concerning the popularity of both PHP. Even once these languages don’t power a project, the project managers and the client do think about them. At the moment, PHP overwhelmingly dominates the internet with over 80th market share.
- Python and PHP, each have wonderful community support. PHP has been within the marketplace for quite a whereas, notably for developing web applications. As a result, there’s a large community of PHP developers that is prepared to provide support.
- PHP offers a large range of frameworks that the developers may use to form general-purpose and business-specific applications. PHP frameworks like Laravel and Symfony power well-liked applications that are used by numerous users. PHP developers have the advantage of mature frameworks that are maintained by a warm community.
We suggest to try out both the languages and so use one that suits best to you as per your project’s needs. If you wish to hire PHP developers, please contact Appstar solution.